Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tasty Tuesday ~ Brownie pudding dessert


~Brownie Pudding Dessert~
*1 1/4 cups flour
*1 1/2 cups sugar {divided}
*1/2 cup cocoa {divided}
*2 tsp. baking powder
*1/2 tsp. salt
*3/4 cup milk
*3 TBL butter, melted
*1 1/2 tsp. vanilla {divided}
*1 3/4 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, 1/4 of the cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, melted butter and 1/2 tsp. of the vanilla. Stir until smooth. Spread batter evenly in 10" round cake pan (We use our Pampered Chef round stoneware pan) . In small bowl, whisk together remaining 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup cocoa; gradually stir in boiling water and remaining 1 tsp. of vanilla. Pour evenly over batter in the pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. We sprinkle powdered sugar over the top and serve hot with vanilla ice cream. Yum :)


Notes: This is one of our family's favorite recipes. My 86 year old grandmother requests it when she comes.
                             My mom, when she was battling cancer and would come to stay with us, would request it (and after we were in bed she was caught in the kitchen eating right out of the pan with a spoon ☺). 

 For a period of years, when my dear friend Lorraine would come for the day to visit and help me out, I would make it for our lunch dessert (until neither of us wanted to look at it again for a while!).

                                                                       Opening the tattered page to this recipe in my cookbook brings good memories from the many times we have served it. 


 Another dear friend has a daughter getting married this week and I just drove a hot pan of it and a carton of ice cream to her home to help relieve the last minute wedding stress ♥ (of course this friend is my self-proclaimed sister in chocolate, so it only seemed appropriate)

So, to all my chocolate loving friends near and far...enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Now THAT looks scrumptious! I am putting this in my favorites so that I can be sure to find it again! :D

    Hugs!!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your mom is to blame for Uncle Peter's bad habit of eating out of the center of the pie, etc. I'll never forget one holiday when Jeremy took the blame for eating the center out of the pumkin pie, that night Peter told me it was him. LOL! Great memories to recall and a great dessert too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How 'bout posting it gluten free now? :D I should *try* to do so...hmmm...

    ~Susannah

    ReplyDelete