Saturday, August 1, 2009

Simple Saturday....



FOR TODAY -Saturday, August 1st, 2009

Outside my window...grass in our backyard that desperately needs mowed...but our family has been too busy this week with an Advanced Seminar


I am thinking...with my 3 oldest and husband gone for the day...about how challenging life was when I had 9 children ages 12 and under like I do today...especially when several have sickness and I have a 3 week old infant.


I am thankful for...precious baby James...3 weeks old and nursing all the time


From the kitchen...trying to figure out dinner right now...I am thinking pot roast, potatoes and carrots....comfort food for all my runny nose children


I am wearing... pale pink polo shirt, jumper with denim top and blue and pale pink floral skirt


I am creating...well, trying to create a new blog, not exactly sure what I am doing. Also creating birthday presents for my almost 11 year old daughter Mary....several new jumpers, she has grown out of last years birthday presents.


I am going...crazy :-)


I am reading...Eat well, lose weight, while breastfeeding, and Mummy Tummy


I am hoping...my children get better quickly, that baby won't get sick, that I can figure out a way to clean, sew, raise children, feed them, homeschool, and be a godly nurturing wife and mother before I die :-)


I am hearing...lots of children, many of who are making hot tea in the kitchen to help with their colds


Around the house...I need to go wash the cloth diapers and start the roast, my 6 year old is making the 5 and 3 year old hot cherry berry tea, my 8 year old is snuggling with the baby, my 1 year old is drinking her sippy cup of lukewarm tea, my 12 year old just got done drawing a horse picture and is going to clean the kitchen, the 10 year old is laying under all the warm towels that just came out of the dryer...trying to keep warm due to sickness, the 9 year old just jumped on top of the warm towels to join the 10 year old!


One of my favorite things...java chip frappucinos....aaahhhh


A few plans for the rest of the week:my 16 year old gets her wisdom teeth cut out (ouch), our church has their quarterly ladies lunch, and hopefully recovering from having a baby (I haven't had time for that yet).


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Sis!

    I think you need some chocolate! ;) That IS a part of Eat Well, Lose Weight, right?!

    I think you're doing a great job!

    But I do want my daughters back! I miss them! Even Spicy!

    HUGS!

    Love you!

    Trisch

    ReplyDelete